Sunday, February 14, 2010

Is it racist?

Those of you who watch Tosh.0 know that he has a segment called "Is it racist" where he plays a clip and we decide if it is racist or not. Here I am going to introduce my own version of "Is it racist" but with words, not pictures.

I was clicking around the Internet on a boring Sunday morning and ended up reading this story about the future of the NBA. Most notably it focused on this off season and where James, Bosh, and Wade would end up. Take a look at this entry:
"For an NBA fan, there's nothing better than putting together imaginary scenarios involving your favorite superstars. Barbershops across the country should be turning over a quarter of their profits to the NBA for the time their patrons spend arguing about trade situations that, of course, will never happen."

I'm just picturing the average white reader imaging that the Ice Cube movie Barbershop is stereotypical of all barbershops across the country. I go to get my hair did all the time and have never engaged in a conversation with anyone about the NBA. Maybe about the weather or my plans for the remainder of the day, but thats about it.

No comments: