Friday, May 21, 2010

Profiling

So I stopped at Pick n Save on the way home to get some beer
(obviousl). I go to check out and te cashier lady asks me about the
Brewers (godbortion). How did she assume I was a fan? Then the guy
behind me in line goes up (he's black) and she asks him about the NBA
playoffs. WTF? Is that racist? I'm not sure.

In "things that piss me off" news: ATMs that project your balance on
the screen for 2 minutes after you are down. I go to a bar this
evening (obviously) and go to the ATM. It asks if I want a receipt.
No. Then when I am down it projects all my information including
account number and balance on the screen for 2 minutes. In a crowded
bar. I find that there are ATMs like this everywhere. Why? If I wanted
my balance I would have asked for a receipt. If I wanted everyone in
the place to know my information I would grab a megaphone. It makes no
fucking sense.

2 comments:

Muntaba Lambego said...

you know what makes no sense? MacGruber thats what

Anonymous said...

how to watch tv on the computer , watch digital tv on computer , watch live tv on computer , watching tv on computer , watch tv on your computer for free , watch tv on computer free , watch cable tv on computer

5. PricingSatellite TV has an unfair advantage over cable TV in this aspect. Cable TV providers have to pay heavier levies charged by the state governments since the infrastructural makeup is more complicated and intensive than satellite TV providers which are light in infrastructure. Capital costs for cable TV companies are higher and with the advent of digital TV becoming the next big thing, it is a matter of time when they have to upgrade those million miles of ground-embedded obsolete cables. This is why satellite TV providers are able to charge less for more. In fact, if you watch satellite TV on PC, you can do away with monthly subscriptions and expensive Do-It-Yourself (DIY) style dish systems since you only pay once for the PC satellite TV software.
With the TV tuner card method, you're limited to what is available with a terrestrial antenna, or you can hook up basic cable TV service. Anything beyond basic cable won't work using this method, because the content is encrypted by your cable provider. You need their proprietary cable box to decode the really cool channels, or pay per view events. So, while this method of watching TV on your computer is pretty neat, there are definitely limitations with it.
Family Viewing- This is great for a family setting where you can all sit down and watch 3000 channels together. Yes, there are that many channels through the satellite TV for PC application. Can you watch on computer? Yes, with this set up, you all can.
watch tv on computer
watching tv on computer