Thursday, May 22, 2008

Taxman

I was watching the local news last night trying to get my anger juices flowing after a week of being sick and not having the energy to be angry. Then I watched this story. (Click on video of article to watch clip).

Wait a minute? The most commonly taken day off is Friday? What a shocker! You mean that if part of my contract I get 3 days off a year (for whatever reason) that I might actually want to use them smartly and sandwich them with my other days off like weekends and holidays? That would be crazy. Sadly this is probably true with every profession, not just teachers. You could probably look at the records of police and doctors, and the most common day taken off would probably be Fridays as well.

Why are tax payers so worried about a few teachers taking the days off that are entitled to them in their contract? We spend more tax dollars in a single day fighting an war in Iraq than we spend an entire year in public schools in one city. Lets get all up in arms about money wasted over seas to make Dick Cheny's stock rise a fraction of a percent.

Ah, f**k-it. I'm so angry I'm taking tomorrow off and having a 3-day weekend.

Oh wait, Monday is Memorial Day, sweat 4-day weekend. I might even take Tuesday off and have a 5-day weekend.

2 comments:

Muntaba Lambego said...

that's what i did, join the club and do it too

edgrimly said...

Man. I feel like a follower. Off until Wednesday.