Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sports Time

This weekend I got to go the Bucks game (not my choice) and the Packers game (my choice). Here are my rants.
  • The Bucks game was suppossed to start at 7:30 and at 7:30 the crowd started cheering and hollering, but I saw nothing happening on the court. Oh, wait the NBA is still dead to me.
  • The Bradley Center is the edgrimley of NBA stadiums, an absolute dump. The season is a week and a half old, it was a Saturday night, the Bucks were playing the defending champion Boston Celtics, and yet they place was about 3/4 full. I bet the team is in Las Vegas or Seattle in 6 years.
  • I got the tickets through work for free, and they were usually $37, and were in the 9 row of section 419, seen here. My god is the NBA expensive. They were not good seats, yet more expensive than a baseball game. I would hate to have a family and try to take them to a game, I am glad my ex-wife does that kind of stuff.
  • PArking in downtown Milwaukee, 3 blocks away was $20. I guess all those years going to Miller Park you get spoiled.
  • At the parking complex I used instead of having someone at the gate take your money when you go in or come out (which would make more sense), here is their operation. When I parked they had a lady at the entrance press the button and give me the ticket and wait for the gate to open. She then told me to take the ticket to entrance C and pay for parking and get a new ticket that said I paid. I went there and there were two machines in which you put you original ticket and the money and you get a new ticket. In here they had two employees supervising while everyone pushed buttons, not rocket science. After the game they had employees at each exit taking your paid ticket and pressing a button so the gate opened up. What? Wouldn't it just be easier to have someone at the entrance or exit collecting money?
  • Today at Lambeau Field was a much different expereince. Lambeau Field is the Clint Eastwood of professional fotball stadiums, old but still cool and better than most.
  • There is nothing like going to a Packer game, even if I had to get up at 5:30 and hit the road by six, and stand around outside from 9 am until 4 Pm. Great time.
  • It was absolutely freezing outside. I was wearing 3 socks, long underwear, pants, a shirt, a sweater, a sweatshirt, a winterjacket, gloves, a hat, and a hood. The coldest part on my body was my feet, with my face a close second.
  • Bears fans talk a lot of s**t until they are down 10-3 and quickly down by 21 points.
  • We tailgated for a bit, which is bad-a** in freezing cold. This group next to us were tailgating our of a old ambulance, no joke. They had the inside gutted with benches, hand warmers, and then took out 2 larger grilles and grilled up some steaks; before and after the game.
  • We parked a half block away at a K*Mart, and it was only $20, which I think is pretty good for an NFL game. K*Mart block off the whole lot for tailgaters, and they probably making a killing on it, despite not having any real customers.
  • We must have been asked by 15 different people for money for various reasons; veterans of foreign wars, boy scouts, different churches, help fight aids, The United Way. After a while I just ran out of singles.
  • For the first game this year, the Packers looked good on all sides of the ball. Their pass defense still looks good, their rush defense looked good for a change, their passing game is steady, and for a change their rushing offense looked good. At only 5-5 I still am not sold on them winning their division (they still have New Orleans, Carolina, Bears, and Jacksonville), it's jsut too little too late.
  • Once I dethaw, I may have more rants

No comments: