Sunday, December 16, 2007

Great Parenting

There may be a certain judge out there who says I am in adequate to be a father and can not be within 500 feet of my children, but over the weekend I ran into at least dads that need more parenting assistance than I do.

I went to my local tavern on Friday night to grab some food and then sit around and wash away my emotional troubles of the week with a few beers. I get to the tavern around 8 and there is a guy sitting at the bar with his 5-6 year old kid. If you want to take your kid out to get some food at a tavern, sit at one of the tables, not at the bar. This Dad of the Year candidate proceeds to stay at the bar until 1:30. The kid is literally asleep at the bar from 11 PM on until they leave.

Then on Saturday I went to go see I am Legend (Two Thumbs Up) and some guy brouight his 1-2 year old to the movie. The movie is PG-13 and is pretty intense and has a fair amount of violence in it. So of course this kid is crying and making all kinds of noice, until about haf way through the movie the guyy finally leaves. Isn't there a more appropriate movie you could take your kid to?

Hasn't anyone ever heard of a baby-sitter in this day and age so you can go to the bar or a movie without your kid?

No comments: